Subject: Re: [Leica] My kind of digital M camera - Ye Olde Time Macs
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:07:40 -0400

I used one of those to connect to the internet for the first time. I
seem to remember it took me two or three days to install the software
and make my first connection (using Telnet)... eventually managed to
connect to the Library of Congress... I was astounded. I called
everyone in the office over to look. It was as if we had contacted Mars.

That was less than 10 years ago.

(I used to administer a network of fifty of those things all hooked
together with appletalk... talk about plug and play... you just plugged
them in and they talked to each other... a little slowly but hey... I
think OS X is just now catching up with them via Rendezvous).

On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 01:37 AM, Henning Wulff wrote:

> At 1:10 AM -0400 8/20/03, Afterswift@aol.com wrote:
>> In a message dated 8/19/03 8:29:27 PM, four_season_photo@yahoo.com
>> writes:
>>
>> << http://www.boulder.net/~4season/images/se30.jpg >>
>>
>> Does that shot bring back memories.... I had an SE, first comp I ever
>> owned.
>> System 6. It had the same scrapbook utility that I have on my G3
>> Blue. In
>> fact, I transferred the SE's scrapbook images to the G3's.
>> The SE had a splendid manual. I think the Plus and the SE were the
>> first of
>> the GUI computers. It was also one of the rare unitary computers on
>> the market
>> then.
- --
John Brownlow