Subject: Re: [Leica] What a prosumer camera is
From: "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:18:34 -0700

Afterswift writes:
| That huge DOF is very useful, but please remember that any
lens can only
| focus on a single plane. Sharpness falls off before and
after that plane. Which
| explains why if you want to call attention to a particular
image element it's a
| good idea to focus on that element whatever camera you
use. Somewhere down the
| line you may need that definitive focus plane. Just one
man's opinion.

This has to rank with one of the most meaningless statements
I have ever seen on the LUG or any other camera newsgroup.
Since the plane of focus is by definition the film plane,
groundglass, sensor plane, etc...what does this statement
have to do with anything meaningful?  Are you saying the
concept of hyperfocal focus is nonsense?

Your posts are becoming increasingly irrational.  I you want
to talk about anything, email me or I can usually be found
on IRC newnet #leica.

Regards, Bill Larsen
Terra Bella, CA