Subject: [Leica] Re: Joining the Lika Leica Club
From: David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:31:33 -0700

Peter Klein wrote:

>After much fondling of cameras and poring over manuals, I've just ordered
>a Lumix LC5 "Lika Leica."  Thanks to all the bad press, they are available
>at fire-sale prices.

First question.  What is "all the bad press".  I thought they were rated
pretty well!

>*All* the prosumer digicams have glaring compromises. It's like the old
>business adage:  "You can have cheap, fast, or good.  Pick two.  Maybe
>one."  With the digicam, there are more factors:  General image quality,
>high-ISO noise, viewfinder, shutter lag, feature set, ease of use,
>lensspeed, megapixels, zoom range. . . and on and on.

Second Question. With a background in [retail] electronics, I have an
understanding of 'noise'.  However, I've never played with a digicam of any
type.  Can you tell me how high-ISO noise actually manifests itself in photos?

But above all, enjoy your LUMIX!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Website at: www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr