Subject: Re: [Leica] What a prosumer camera is
From: Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:38:26 -0400

A friend of mine is a free-lance sports photographer for a major league
baseball team.  She used a Nikon D100 for her work, and even then she
doesn't shoot at the highest resolution capable of the camera (because  a)
the large file sizes and b) the hi res just isn't needed).  The smaller
than ideal chip size works as an advantage for her with her telephoto
shots, turning her 300mm into a 400 something.

As for the Canon 1Ds, I downloaded a couple of sample shots (at random)
taken with it from dpreview, and was appaled (sp?) by the poor image
quality in the corners of the frame.   Perhaps I picked two bad examples
(I'm sure users of the camera will flame me), but if a Leica lens exhibited
these same qualities, Solms wouldn't hear the end of it.

dan c.