Subject: [Leica] Inaccuracy of M6 Viewfinder Frames
From: Mitch Alland <malland@xsmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:31:50 +0700

I've always known that the M6 viewfinder frames are set for a 23x35mm
image at the closest focus of the lens and that at longer focusing
distances the film frame will contain an increasingly larger field than
shown within the frame. But how dramatically this changes was brought
home to me only when I looked and focused through the Fuji 6x9
viewfinder. The difference between what is covered at close focus and
infinity is enormous! And the frame in the Fuji 6x9 changes in size to
provide an accurate framing view throughout the focusing range. Why has
Leica not been able to have its frame lines change in size to
accommodate the changing size of the field throughout the focusing
range?  Is it just a question of minimal R&D by a small company...or
are there technical reasons?

- --Mitch/Bangkok

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Inaccuracy of M6 Viewfinder Frames)