Subject: [Leica] Paying for German auction wins
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 18:28:24 -0400

At 09:43 AM 8/15/03 -0700, tripspud wrote:

>     I notice more R Leica gear on German eBay.  I'm
>looking for an M Leica down the road a piece.  The
>problem of buying from Germany in the US is the
>lack of credit cards option and hence Paypal.  It's a
>punishing $50 for a bank transfer/currency which will
>problably be needed with the additional shipping
>makes it unlikely I'll find anything there.  Still,
>there is more R gear than on the US site.

I buy from German sellers frequently.  All accept US cash sent by
registered mail and there is no premium for currency transfers.  I did lose
$150 once but that is a small price to pay over the dozens or scores of
transactions I have handled in this manner.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!