Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital "SLR" - Digital M
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:50:38 -0400

LRZeitlin@aol.com wrote:
> ... What I'm waiting for is a digital back that can be
> attach to my M Leicas.

Yes, me too.  Others on the list have explained in the past
how this is not possible.  The next best thing is a new
design incorporating the M features into a digital design,
even at the cost of new lens mount (Ouch!).  Some of the
features are: compact, high quality build, high quality fast
lenses, high performance at high ISO, little shutter lag,
bright viewfinder.  This would allow me to carry on a
certain kind of photography I like to do, and associate
with Leica M photography (see for example Peter Klein's
Dinner with Parents).  This is what I mean when I talk
about digital Leica M.  Unfortunately, partly on the basis
of what I read and hear on this list, I do not believe that
Leica will be the company that will make this happen,
if any.  :-(

So now my Leica M digital is a digital SLR with some fast
prime lenses.

- - Phong