Subject: Re: [Leica] PWIFLIs--Dinner with Parents
From: "Bill Harting" <wharting@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:28:02 -0400

Phong wrote: > Bulk loading only partially solves a small part of the
equation:
> money. (And thanks,...

Don't mention it. I am not really trying to advocate bulk loading (it's just
what I do), nor advocate firing away in the hope that out of all those
images something will be good. I bulk load, I guess -- I haven't really
analyzed it -- to help make the cost of each image somewhat less. Really not
an overpowering argument. Maybe just part of the skills I originally learned
when I was introduced to photography.

Sunday I took 15 shots on my bulk-loaded 35-frame TX (old), and processed
and contact printed today, and made one print (two copies). I identified a
couple of others I will print for no artistic reason other than to show the
subjects.

So my picture taking is chopped into 35-frame segments, same as my filing
system, and in a sense my time is, too. Should I load another roll (answer
is always yes) even if I'll take only a few frames? But I feel free to burn
that film if I want to, I'll just load more.

The goal, I think, is to take pictures as freely as I wish, and part of that
decision is money, which really is the same as time, these days.

bill h

Replies: Reply from tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net> ([Leica] Using film...)