Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital SLR
From: Aquiles Almansi <aalmansi@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:11:51 -0700 (PDT)

Larry,

I think the type of digital SLR you have in mind is
the so called ZLR, like the Nikon Coolpix 5700 and
similar cameras by Minolta and Olympus. I have the
5700 and that's one of its few features I like.

But the mainstream DSLR market, both 35mm and MF,
seems to offer only conventional mirror technology
(they are standard 35mm SLRs converted to digital,
like the D10=Elan 7, or more or less old MF cameras
with a new digital back, so it makes sense to imagine
one with this pellicle mirror I've learned about
thanks to this thread. The problem is, of course, that
the pellicle mirror technology seems to have been used
only by Canon and with little commercial success.

achilles