Subject: [Leica] A way OT question for any lurking psychiatrists
From: "Chandos Michael Brown" <cmbrow@wm.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:23:06 -0400

Ok, I know that this has nothing to do with Leicas, but the LUG's a
motley crew so I thought I'd ask in any event.

Can any one here point me to a source regarding the history of the idea
of "depression" (or, as we now know it, "clinical depression?") or its
emergence as a recognized pathology in modern psychiatry/psychology.
Please be assured that I'm scouring the resources available to me at the
College of William and Mary, but this is far enough outside my area of
expertise that I'm floundering a bit.  My sense is that it entered
therapeutic discourse after the Second World War, but this is only an
intuition.

I'm not looking for pro bono therapy--this is related to a scholarly
project with which I'm presently engaged.

Please respond off list to cmbrow@wm.edu

Many thanks in advance should anyone be able to help.

Cheers,

Chandos

Replies: Reply from "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] A way OT question for any lurking psychiatrists)