Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz NY lenses
From: tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:05:42 -0700

Hi Larry!

      I'll run some tests, anyway, when the Focomat arrives with it's
lens against my 5x7 Elwood with 180mm/5.6 Componon @ 4x
enlargement.  That's the maximum size on the Elwood.

     I'd really like to get the best lens for the Focomat, I know
there are subjective opinions on this matter.  The main reason
for the purchase of the Focomat is the ease of operation,
particularly compared to the Elwood 5x7, which requires
a recessed lens board, which I have.  But it is slower to
operate than the Focomat.

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California