Subject: RE: [Leica] New member
From: "Nelson Ricciardi" <nelson_@ricciardi.eng.br>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:22:07 -0300

Hi there Phong.

Thanks for your words.

Photography is a new hobby. I used to be a motorcycle racer and that was
my passion. After two terrifying accidents I had to quit.

The weekends were, suddenly, meaningless.

So I decided to go back to the passion of my youth: photography. Took my
canon gear out of the dust, got a few more items that were too expensive
when I was a kid and started all over again.

Since I was working for the biggest newspaper in town (I'm an engineer,
by the way) I had plenty of opportunity to get close to the PJs. They
pointed me in a good direction, told me where the best courses were and
I there I went.

One year and 2.5 thousand images latter I get the feeling that I´m
starting to understand this thing.

During this period I had the chance to use Canon, Nikon, medium format,
a digital P&S (God forbid me), a Digital SLR and a Leica. Oh, a Leica.
I´m an engineer, you know, and the feeling of a Leica in my hands is
special.

The Leica just happened because one day that sob (close friend of mine,
you know) put one of his Leicas in my hand and told me: use it. I don´t
need it.

- -- Ok, I´ll try this weekend and give it back to you.
- -- No no, keep it. Spend a couple of month with it and tell me latter
what you think.

So, here I am, reading tons of books, burning film and CDs with my
digital 10D and wondering if I should invest in an used M6TTL or M7 or
even a Bessa R2.

Or keep his M4P and pretend the camera is mine! LOL.

Anyway, I´m just an amateur, a beginner.

My best regards.

Nelson