Subject: Re: [Leica] PWIFLIs--Dinner with Parents
From: Aquiles Almansi <aalmansi@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 07:39:17 -0700 (PDT)

Peter,

It seems you have also been a victim of Nikon's
"cool"pixes... The day I finally decided to get a
Digilux 1, went to the store and...allowed a smart
salesman to convince me to spend $500 more in the then
recently appeared 5700, that has exactly the same
problems you mention with the 990.

Because I like a lot the type of photography you show
us here, I've made exactly the same thing you are
about to do: Leica 100%, with anything between Agfa
Scala 200 and Ilford Delta 3200, depending on the
available light (or available darkness, as I think Ted
Grand would like to say). Perhaps one day, when CCDs
or CMOS become as sensible as film, at a reasonable
price, I may get a Canon or a Leica/Panasonic. In the
mean time, I just prefer the M6 or the IIIf.

Achilles

http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/family/6462EmAndFriendSmall.jpg

http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/family/6452AdaSmall.jpg

http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/family/6441MiltSmall.jpg