Subject: Re: [Leica] Sling???
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:28:02 -0400

the sling is a clever little device that is just large enough (you send
them your finger size) for  your middle and ring finders and allows you to
very securely  hold and handle the camera while changing lenses or when
you need a third hand.  see the pictures on lutz's site.  once you get it
on the camera (which is the worst part) it's very nice.  its only downside
is if you don't have your fingers through the loops, it can get in the
way of the advance lever.  it also takes a bit of fiddling to put the
camera on and off (yes, it's kind of like wearing a camera)

the steer is a knurled plastic ring that has knurling like your dad's
67 belaire and a sticky inner surface and o-ring to keep it tight around
your lens.  it's not the prettiest thing, but i find it makes focusing
a whole lot easier, and have one each on my 50/1, 75 lux, 90 cron 135
elmarit.

pictures and descriptions better than mine at:
http://www.konermann.net/homepage.html

DISCLAIMER: i have no affiliation nor relationship with mr konermann,
            save for being a satisfied customer.

- -rei