Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 32 dlridings (street)
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 01:57:11 EDT

In a message dated 8/11/03 9:28:15 PM, daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no writes:

<< http://www.dlridings.com/stlouis.htm >>

The 'bus stop' is something out of Kafka. It could only be done in B&W. The
verb of the image is the anonymity created by the whitewashed windows and the
hidden faces of the men. St. Louis #5 is a stark rendition of a city mood. None
of the elements have any esthetic feature, but together they create a hard
edged reality. The verb of the scene is the deep shadows encroaching. Nice work.
The test: Are these images memorable? I leave that conclusion to our members.

br