Subject: Re: [Leica] Focomat Ia
From: tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:46:19 -0700

Hi Chris!

     So you have the big Saunders 20x24 easel with the four adjustable blades?
Is it possible to center the easel with the Focomat?  I had one of these easels
when I had a prolab decades ago, but the enlarger was a Superchromega built
on a stage with a drop board and slots to place the easel on.  Do you have
a workaround here like placing the paper in a different position on the easel?
I guess what I want to know is if you can center the easel on the baseboard
of the Focomat.

      I will need another easel.  My other enlarger is an Elwood 5x7 that's
fairly complete and I've managed to get hold of the original 300 watt bulbs,
old new stock, as the bulbs are no longer made.  My easel for the Elwood
is 11x14, but it's not 1 inch thick, so I'll look for another easel as I think
having both enlargers ready to print in a session.

      If you can find your copy of setting the autofocus, I'd sure
appreciate it.  Could you send it to me off list as an attachment?
If not, I can give you my address off list.

      I don't use any professsional labs, preferring to do the work
myself.  However, I did visit the Photolab in Berkeley once.  They
seem very professional, but I didn't get a chance to peek into the
darkroom.

Thanks!

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California