Subject: [Leica] Focomat Ia
From: tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:31:24 -0700

Hi!

      I've just won a Focomat 1a off the eBay.  I believe this is the first
Leitz
autofocus enlarger.  The lens is Daxoo 50/3.5.  Was this the first generation
enlarging lens from Leitz?

      Also, what's the best way to check the autofocus?  I've heard it's best
to make test prints.  Anyone have experience here?  I understand that the
easel must be exactly one inch thick, or don't use an easel, for the autofocus

to function

      I thought about getting a V35.  I just like the older equipment I guess,

plus I don't print color or use VC filters..

Thanks!

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California

Replies: Reply from "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] Focomat Ia)