Subject: RE: [Leica] Minolta DiMage Dual Scan III Scanner
From: "Wesson, Leo W" <LWWesson@pier1.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:11:43 -0500

Ted,

I have this scanner and am very pleased with it, expecially considering the price.  I am using it to print 12x18 prints @240 dpi and love the results.  The only quirk it has is that for bw negs, I get better tonal transitions if I scan the neg as a positive and invert in photoshop.  I have tried several scanners in this price range and this one is the hands down winner.

Leo

http://homepage.mac.com/leosarv/sapristi
Subject:	[Leica] Minolta DiMage Dual Scan III Scanner

I have the Epson 2450 scanner, and as has been mentioned several times on
this list, it is great for Medium Format but not so good for 35mm film.  It
doesn't make sense to use Leica glass and scan it with a scanner that
doesn't do a good job.

Does anyone use the recently introduced Minolta DiMage Dual Scan III?  If
so, what is your opinion of it?

Thanks,

Ted