Subject: Re: [Leica] One more question re Noct/Lux
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 05:18:11 -0700

Feli di Giorgio commented:
> One more question...does the collapsible hood on the current Noctilux
> or Lux
> lock into place? I have a Summicron-R 50/2 with the collapsible hood
> and it drives me crazy, because it offers no real protection. The
> minute you
> put it in your bag or it bumps into something it collapses. Crap.
> Frankly IMHO
> this is one of the dumber things Leica has ever done.  If they insist
> on built in,
> collapsible hoods, why not design them with a twist lock or something
> so they
> stay extended??<<<<

Hi feli,
Heck I haven't had a lens hood on my Noctilux for at least 20 years! :-)

When one of the pins worked loose that locked the hood in place disappeared
it was going to cost a fortune to have it replaced, I didn't! Bought film
instead and shot more pictures and it's never had a hood since. Not likely
ever will. :-)

Why worry just use the  lens and have fun. :-)
ted