Subject: Re: [Leica] Turing test
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 19:15:01 -0700

Don Dory wrote:

> What this discussion has turned into for me is a whole discussion of
> abstract symbols, like language whether verbal, visual, or tactile.
> Language was developed as an abstract symbol set to allow quicker, more
> precise communication.  Just imagine asking a teenager in 4000BC to get
> some water from the creek.  It is hard enough now.
>
> On a tangent, maybe that is why Indian movies are not successful in the
> West.  We just do not get the symbology.
>
> Don

I got it! I saw Lagaan a few months ago and am planning on buying a case
of DVD's of it to give to all my friends or acquaintances.

Loved the color and the dancing the acting was at least as good as
Hollywood. The movie stars just as captivating.
Loved the Broadway musical stuff only in 7 note scale close to ours but
just a little bit to our ears "funny." For me it's good funny. Generally
when it comes to music i like to stick to the old diatonic. The notes
they put in a piano. I plan on seeing lots of Indian films now and I
never wanted to go to India before but now I do. I even read Sidhartha
when i was a kid and didn't want to go near India. I'm up for seeing the
film "Gaundi" again. A Hollywood film of course.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com