Subject: [Leica] R-lens, Normal or Wide, with Best Definition to the edges
From: Martin Krieger <krieger@usc.edu>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 18:45:03 -0700

What is the generally recognized R lens, normal or wide, which has the best
definition all the way to the edges and corners?

    I am photographing in daylight (hence I don't need f/2),
    I am photographing mostly architecture and scenes (hence not close up at
all, more likely 5 meters out)
    I want to have the best definition all over the negative, so am willing
to sacrifice a bit in the center for quality at the edges.
    I am less concerned with matters of distortion than of contrast and
resolution.

I use the current 2.8 R19mm, and the 28mm PC Super Angulon. Could I do
better? I know that in the end a tripod and high shutter speed would be the
best improvement, but let us pay attention here to the lens itself. I use
Kodachrome, mostly.

Thank you,
Martin