Subject: RE: [Leica] Opinions regarding M2?
From: "Saganich, Christopher/Medical Physics" <saganicc@MSKCC.ORG>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 16:46:59 -0400

The meter in the viewfinder is handy when you can't think about exposure.  A meter in the hand is essential when you need to think about exposure.  My opinion is that the extra 300 bucks is not worth it for the M6 classic over an M2.  On the other hand be careful who/where you get an m2 from.  Only buy it if the owner has had a verifiable CLA in the past 4 or 5 years.  Else you'll be paying that $300 bucks on service.  An M2 is a great first Leica for rangefinder introduction.  And using a hand held meter will strengthen your handle on exposure.

Chris Saganich