Subject: Re: [Leica] squabbling over digitial vs. film
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:45:29 -0700

Very few people could do it in Photoshop. That kind of expression takes
more than technical skill. It takes a vision and decades of "seeing" to
get there.

That's why so much Photoshop work is cheesy, trite, overblown and just
plain silly. How many Photoshop creations do we see that are clean,
simple and tasteful, and at the same time transcend the simple subject
in view?

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 08:20  PM, Feli di Giorgio wrote:

> But isn't it more than that? It takes a hell of a lot more skill and
> experience to
> make a print like Ansel Adams did the traditional way, than in
> Photoshop...
> You're not going to find too many people that can do what he was able
> to do and that
> commands a price.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.
- - Will Rogers