Subject: Re: [Leica] squabbling over digitial vs. film
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 23:44:04 EDT

In a message dated 8/7/03 3:59:56 PM, eric@jphotog.com writes:

<< Ansel Adams created the market. Collectors would take what he
determined his finest work for what it is, not what it's printed on. >>
- -----------------------------------
Eric,

I can't contradict you because I don't know AA's views on the subject. I
suppose AA would need to make a decision somewhere along the line whether to
continue his darkroom printing or move to digital. Once thing then would be
certain: there would be two AA markets: those who prefer his darkroom prints setting
one price in dealing with each other; and the post-darkroom market. Let's
recall that AA printed for 40+ years and so there is a very large body of darkroom
prints held by collectors and museums. Even if AA were still with us, his
digital prints would constitute a very small proportion of his output.

br