Subject: Re: [Leica] squabbling over digitial vs. film
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:52:58 EDT

In a message dated 8/7/03 10:39:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

> Try making a statement sometime that is not a ridiculous exaggeration -
>  such as your latest statement - and then perhaps there will be some
>  point in this discussion. It is obvious, however, that you are so
>  besotted with the name "Leica," that you simply can't grasp the fact
>  that there are numerous pieces of photo equipment of equal quality, or
>  quality so close to Leica that the images they produce are indiscernible
>  from those produced by Leica equipment. Were this not the case, all the
>  world's outstanding - non-newspaper - photographers would be shooting
>  with Leica equipment. And they are not. ;-)
BD,

I'm referring to a standard of excellence. Sure a Nikon is a very good
instrument.
I use Nikons and Nikkors all the time. A Nikon isn't a Leica M when it comes
to ultimate quality at 3' to infinity. Just one man's opinion.

There are many cameras that produce 'acceptable' images. They're commercially
viable and I see those pictures in newspapers and magazines all the time. But
I'm shooting for my journals. And there the rubber meets the road.

br