Subject: [Leica] New Rollei 35 RF, Zeiss is nice
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 20:48:17 -0700

I can't see where we've talked about the up and coming or maybe already
here Rollei 35 RF.
http://www.rollei-usa.com/compact/35rf.htm

It looks very solid like a '60's Voigtländer and will take Zeiss lenses
which will also fit Leica's. Leica M's that is.

Salient points:

125th sych speed, yea we could have guessed that.

Vertical-travel laminar metal focal-plane shutter; 1 s – 1 /2000 s and B

Ratcheted film advance when needed.

Dimensions ( mm/ w x h x d): 135.5 x 81.0 x 25.5 mm

Weight (body) 425 g, (a M6 weighs 500 g's)

Finish: Metal cover plates silver-finished

I'm excited about anything Rollei makes with the exception of a Prego.
I'm more fond of Ragü its more mold resistant in the refrigerator

Its nice to have that Zeiss option. HCB thought that.
I'm heavily invested in its Hasselblad lenses and can vouch for them.
Zeiss is nice.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com