Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 vs M3 "lag time" -- How can we find out some real numbers?
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 18:15:56 -0400

well, if you count the focusing time, the M can have a lag of several
seconds too

Most Canon EOS series owners I know split off the focus function to a
separate button on the back that falls under the thumb. Focus with the
thumb, AE with half pressure, click. The lag on my 1Ds is staggeringly
small. Certainly of the same order as the M.

On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 05:47 PM, Karen Nakamura wrote:

> p.s. Note that shutter lag is very different from
> shutter-black-out-time, which is what many people are referring to
> with the D2 and Canon EOS 1Ds.  An SLR can have a shutter-lag of 3
> seconds as it tries to focus, then a mirror black out of 67 msec. when
> it finally gets around to opening the shutter.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
http://www.unintended-consequences.com