Subject: Re: [Leica] Zhou Hai. Leica photographer.
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 16:05:20 EDT

In a message dated 8/4/03 12:22:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tedgrant@shaw.ca
writes:

> http://www.zhouhai.com/
- -------------------------------
It occurred to me that what US industry became after the Civil War until the
1960s is what China is undergoing now squared -- because it's producing
factory goods for the world. And Zhou Hai is telling that story in black and white.
Very powerful images of the people really doing the heavy work.

The magnitude of a billion people working simultaneously can produce a huge
economy at home. I wonder what the Chinese people are going to do with all that
material power. We turned our success into a consumers society. Will the
Chinese produce a great social environment? Or an imploding empire. As did Europe
before WW I and WW II. I'd keep my eye on the work of Zhou Hai to find out.

br

br