Subject: Re: [Leica] Staying w/ film for a while - handled a D100 (and a 10D, and...)
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:51:23 EDT

In a message dated 8/4/03 12:06:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

> Not looking for a flame or prolonged discussion either George. But I'm an "
> old-guy" too, but not so old that I can't understand that the definition of
> photography doesn't depend upon using the same image capture medium for
> eternity. If it did, we'd all still be working with copper plates. ;-)
>
>  B. D.
The switch to silver/neg/paper was one of form, not one of nature. The move
from chemical photography to electronic imaging is one of nature. You gotta
look at that more carefully. It's like shifting human reproduction from sexual
intimacy between individuals to the genetic lab. The implications are
revolutionary. The institution of the family then changes radically. Marriage then means
something other than it did traditionally. And a birth certificate contains a
genetic map, not merely names and a date. Hey, that's not water you're diving
to, though from the diving board it looks like a pool.

br