Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing 19mm R; Kodachromes and 81 (KR) filters
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 21:34:39 -0700

Doug Herr wrote:

> on 8/3/03 1:57 PM, Mark Rabiner at mark@rabinergroup.com wrote:
>
> > The first photographer I worked for Sjef Wildshut ... used to say Kodachrome
> > was the only reason to own a 35mm camera.
>
> I'm trying to convince myself otherwise.  I still haven't found an E6 film I
> like as well mas Kodachrome 64.  E100G comes close.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

For skin tones Astia has almost a Kodachrome look for me, Doug. May not
be so great for birds, a little muted probably.
But in general i usually go for the Kodak color films in E6. Not shot a
slide since the film went G but i liked it before and everyone says it's
better now.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com