Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Place to stay on Western Vancouver Island
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 09:13:46 -0600

Hi Peter,

We just got back from there on Thursday. Tofino is pricier than Ucluelet
and more of a tourist destination. We stay at the Canadian Princess
Fishing Resort onshore in Ucluelet which costs around $100US per night
for rooms with two bedrooms, one upstairs - sleeps up to six. They have
less expensive accommodation on a moored ship as well but unless you're
a morning person I'd stay onshore as the fishing boats depart the dock
at 6:00am every day.

If you like to fish for salmon, Ucluelet is having their best salmon run
in years. Halibut fishing is pretty good there too. In any case don't
wait too long to book you're accommodation as Ucluelet and Tofino are
summer towns.

Regards,

Greg