Subject: [Leica] Re: new parts poicy - Leica's response
From: Mitch Alland <malland@xsmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 13:59:29 +0700

For: Andrew Moore

> Mitch, maybe find the guy with the F.Y. attitude, but don't rant at
> me.  Your own attitude doesn't sound all that healthy either.

"F--- y-- Jack, I'm alright" is just an expression meaning the same as
"looking out for number one” and it has nothing to do with my attitude.
I was just amazed how all these people, including yourself, can be so
ecstatic that Leica reversed a stupid policy, but only for the US and
not care that people in other countries are left with the same problem.

>> I just picked up your posting because you actually want to write to
>> Leica to congratulate them
>
> No, I just wanted to thank them for responding to our concerns and
> taking a step in the positive direction.  Maybe if you do the same,
> they'll respond to you the same way.  Why not try it?

There is no need to thank a company for reversing a manifestly stupid
policy that was not in their own interest and that antagonized their
potential client base. Particularly as the problem remains for the rest
of the world. I did write a polite e-mail last week, and got no
response.

- --Mitch/Bangkok