Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica parts
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 21:16:56 -0700

Seth.. you may have a personal relationship with Leica, but the fact that
you called, and reached the President was in effect a threat.  From you or
by you?  Probably not, but it spoke for the community at large.  We were
upset.

Personally I think Leica did a dummy with their policy to restrict parts
sales.  But we ( LUG and LHSA) have differed before with Leica, been
vociferous, and lost the battle.  This time we won.  ( Personally I think
Leica USA and Worldwide also won).  But something made them see our opinion.
It could have been opinion, it could have been the threat of legal action by
Don, Sherrie, et al, or it could have been that top management got involved,
and decided that lower management was wrong in their original decision to
restrict.

Surely, we will never know.  But WE all won.  Leica and the consumer.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica parts)