Subject: Re: [Leica] There Is More To Life Than Lens cleaning
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 17:08:54 -0700

Just be careful which cloth you grab to clean your lens.  After moving
to California (not having taken many pictures during my dissertation
writing the previous year) I was going through my photographic kit and
discovered a wonderfully large, soft, orange cleaning cloth.  Or so I
though.  Once I'd sprayed ClearSight onto it, it would invariably froth
up, much to my annoyance, and would require that I hunt down another
cleaning cloth to mop up the mess caused by the first one.

Some time later I bought a film scanner and discovered that keeping
negatives dust free is at least as high a priority with one of those as
with an enlarger.  I remembered having an Ilford anti-static cloth at
one time, but couldn't find it any more.  So, I got onto B&H web site
and found one.  I looked at the picture.  It was orange.  And it was
exactly the same size as my frothy "cleaning cloth"..

Whoops.

M.