Subject: Re: [Leica] There Is More To Life Than Lens cleaning
From: Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 18:41:18 -0400

Buzz, I'm with you. Most of my M lenses are the older designs from the 60's
and 70's. Better and more resistant coating than lenses from the 50's and
very early 60's.

I don't use well-washed (and rinsed in pure water) cotton undergarments
often; usually airbrush to blow away surface stuff, a breath of condensation
on the lens surface and very light and circular stroking with Leica or Kodak
lens tissue. For anything that remains, lens cleaning fluid but never
directly on the lens, only on lens tissue and then applied to the surface in
the circular motion. The real answer is: keep it clean in the first place.
Unless one is in very schmutzy surroundings, salt air or spray, sand, dust
etc. one doesn't need a filter to keep the front surface clear and clean.

Seth