Subject: Re: [Leica] M camera NOW R camera ?
From: David C Mason <damason@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:31:46 -0400

On Monday, July 28, 2003, at 07:19 PM, Ted Grant wrote:

> I don't know how this got off M camera's to R but here goes. ;-)
>
> Gene offered:
>>> It is highly the opinion of those on this list and elsewhere that
>>> Leica R
>> cameras a total junk.  I beg to differ...
>
> Hi Gene,
> Like you with R cameras I've had flawless operation from them, SL to
> the R8
> and bucnch of models along the way...

> Sorry no M content in that one, but I'm with Gene! ;-)

I'm with Ted and Gene. I wanted to own a Leica for years and years. I
finally got an R4s and a 50 'cron with the birth of ebay. For paying
such a small amount of money I got to experience Leica glass quality
and have never looked back. That camera (in which I was the 2nd owner)
is still in use alongside an M and it has never given me any trouble -
even after riding on top of the roof of my car, going up Mt. Ranier,
sailing through the Virgin Islands, and many more escapades.

It is with a big sigh that I am thinking about selling it so I can get
an older user M - simply because I have become so accustomed to the M
way of shooting. If I do sell it, I have no doubts that the next owner
will have no problems either.

Dave

gpg 312D 7143 4004 818C 40FA D7C5 8266 8AE7 301C E276