Subject: Re: [Leica] less equipment
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 03:14:19 +0200 (MEST)

I see we're in a Solms banging mood.

Personally, if (and when ... since I do drop them) I need help with a
Leica repair, I wouldn't consider anyone else other than Solms.

They pissed me off once when it came to my M3, but right before I left on
vacation they wrote and told me they would reverse the damage and put a
good rangefinder back into the camera. They probably thought I was some
kind of fuddy-dud who would want the latest and greatest so they had fixed
me up with a M6 rangefinder with 35mm framelines in the M3. Bad combo.

I dropped and cracked the case on my M4 and I got it back in brand-new
condition.

The turn around has been about 14 days. It took a bit longer because _I_
was out of town and didn't approve the estimate (very reasonable, I might
add) as soon as I got it.

As for minimum equipment ... M2 + 35 M4 + 50 and a loose 90 fits nicely
into a Domke "Shooters bag". Actually, what I usually end up carrying
around is the M2 and M4 as above + F3 with a 24 and 85. Still fits into
that bag with film filling up the rest of the crevices.

In "minimum mode" it's just M-body + 35 (50% of the time) or 50 (the
rest). DamFyNo why I choose one or the other. If I'm going to be with
friends I probably take the 35 and if I'm just going to poke around,
probably the 50.

Daniel (can't sleep over here)