Subject: [Leica] another acolyte
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 10:05:10 -0400

i have joined the newly-converted with my secondhand purchase
of a rapidwinder.  i am surprised how well it accommodates focusing
and winding with the same hand--thumb and index finder focus, middle and
ring finder trigger.  i seem to have a little more trouble
getting film to engage when loading --but maybe it's something i'm not getting
right.  you have to transfer the "steering wheel" from the original
base to the rapidwinder.  it a beautifully-made machine.

the winder is mounted on "RNS01" my .85 classic
named in the fashion of  of sal dimarco's  many leicas.  (he uses dymo
tape, i used p-touch).  (RNS02 is a .72 classic-classic (no blinking
lights) and RNS03 is the M3-1/2.)

you can hardly see the original camera anymore--i got the sling, the shade,
the steer, the 1.25 eyepeice, the and now the rapidwinder!

(and yes, i now have a chrome one on order with tom)

i used to customize corvettes....leicas as just as much fun!!

- -rei

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey