Subject: Re: [Leica] Comments Appreciated
From: frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 06:54:43 -0400

Thanks, Gerry, Steve and Jeffery for your comments,

They are much appreciated.  I bought the CL specifically for street photography
- - something that I'm learning and currently having much fun at.  When I manage
to take a photograph that I find interesting, it's heartening that others find
some interest in it as well.

Of course now that I have it, I use the CL for many things other than the
street (it's really a lovely little camera), but it's small size does make it
ideal for that!

A comment about the Gay Pride thing (since two of you mentioned it).  I simply
happened to mention where I took it, but it certainly neither adds nor detracts
from the image.  I agree that there's absolutely nothing about the image that
requires such description - that's just me using many words where a few would
have sufficed <vbg>.

In fact, Toronto's Gay Pride Day attracts many straight people (like me!
<vbg>)  It's basically a more or less inclusive party.  So, I of course have no
idea what the preference of the Asian Girl is, and in any event, it doesn't
matter a whit in terms of how the image works.  So, both of you are right -
I'll just show the photograph to people, and leave it at that...

Thanks again for your helpful comments,
frank

Gerry Walden wrote:

> Frank
>
> This one appeals to me also, and it goes to show that an image does not
> have to be sharp to work. There are, however, a couple of comments.
> Firstly, the image stands very well on its own feet but does not say
> 'gay pride' and therefore I feel that as an illustration of that event
> it does not work, although this is not to distract from the image at
> all. Secondly, ideally I would like to see some of the whiter areas of
> the background taken down a bit to concentrate on the girl, I am
> thinking particularly of the trainer just below her waist and also near
> her left shoulder. For me a good image though!
>
> Gerry

- --
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist
fears it is true." -J. Robert
Oppenheimer

Message from "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@aol.com> (Re: [Leica] Comments Appreciated)