Subject: Re: [Leica] It's all pots and pans now...
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:36:35 -0700

Dennis Painter jokingly referred to:

> http://www.titaniumart.com/cookware.html

This links extols (on topic? ;) the virtues of titanium cookware,
including "antimicrobial titanium dioxide (TiO2) kills bacteria when
exposed to ultraviolet light".

Call me dumb, but how much ultraviolet light does the average kitchen
have (from what I can understand, we're talking HOURS of DIRECT
sunlight for the photocatalytic activity of titania to be effective)?
And isn't the whole point of COOKING food that it KILLS BACTERIA and
makes it fit for human consumption?

Sheesh.  Ad copy writers.

M.