Subject: [Leica] This guy is good
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:03:25 -0700

For the past few days, I've enjoyed browsing a rather extensive
collection of B&W photography by Bernhard Schmidt on the web.  I'm not
quite sure how I stumbled on this site orignally (perhaps via Google,
looking for the 21mm SA).  I don't think Bernhard's a Lugger (a quick
search of The Archives reveals no hits on his name), maybe he's a
lurker.  In any case, he shoots (as far as I can tell) exclusively with
an M3, a 21mm Super-Angulon, a 50mm DR-Summicron, and a 90mm first
version Tele-Elmarit (the fat one) on Ilford Delta 400 and Delta 3200,
printed on Multigrade FB warmtone.

	http://www.bws-photo.de/index.html

He's got a good eye, shoots interesting, contemplative street scapes
mixed with a classic, B&W photoreportage style.  It's photography that
is not that easy to classify, which makes it all the more interesting.

But, for me, the main point is that it shows that good photography can
be practiced with a single camera body, three lenses, two films, and a
single paper.  It's easy to forget that sometimes.  Not least in this
forum.

M.

Replies: Reply from "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@aol.com> (Re: [Leica] This guy is good)
Reply from "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] This guy is good)