Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak to cut up to 6,000 jobs
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:42:38 -0700

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 09:41  PM, Mike Quinn wrote:

> I thought you had to buy a new camera to get a different sensor.
> Are they making digital film cassettes now?

The Kodak 14n is full of completely programmable chips. So it can be
upgraded significantly in any way. Kodak specifically designed it to be
long-lasting compared to the competition. With Leica, the R8/9 digital
back is conceivably replaceable while keeping the same camera.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. - Will Rogers.

Replies: Reply from "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] Kodak to cut up to 6,000 jobs)