Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW wk 30/sl
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:51:07 -0700

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 05:46  PM, Steve LeHuray wrote:
> Finally, after posting every week for over 2 1/2 years I get a comment
> from
> Martin. Well I will take all that I can get and this is a very nice
> comment.
> Thank you Martin.

Okay, here's another one. I don't think there's any problem with not
seeing exactly what's going on. It let's me invent my own story to go
along. If it were a journalistic effort, the caption would clarify
what's going on.

I LOVE window shots, and this is a good one. Good exposure, great as a
matter of fact. I like the window being blown out.

Though if you wanted to get a really good quality exposure inside and
outside at the same time, try this...

TMAX P3200 shot at 400, reduce development time by something like 40
percent. Study their development charts and extrapolate. See what
happens. I actually shot something like that once by accident.
Discovered when I  got back to the paper that I had grossly overexposed
the film. I processed it at my best guess for time/temp. and whaddaya
know! Not only was the the inside printable, but the snow outside in
bright sunlight was smooth as silk and full of detail. And the grain
was pretty tight for such fast film.

Lucky accidents...

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad
judgment. - Will Rogers