Subject: Re: RE[Leica] Leica USA no longer selling repair parts
From: "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:56:42 -0700

Ted and Bill may certainly be right.  Tight $$ - sure, that may be true.
Tough times - that is certainly true.  But that is when a company worthy of
it's loyal customer base thinks outside the box and finds way to keep them
happy, not piss them off to the point they are ready to jump ship and find
another camera supplier.

Sit back and say nothing - that's fine if you have nothing to say.  But I am
old enough to know that unless you speak up, you will never have a chance to
turn this thing around.   If you have something to say, it's time to find
those addresses for the top guys that have been furnished yesterday on this
list and send off those e-mails and snail mail letters.  Be nice - don't
yell, cry, scream, or threaten.  Just say you don't like it and why.  And if
you have anything that might be helpful to help Leica find another way out
of their problems, tell them about it.  Maybe your idea will help them find
a better solution to the problem.

If you don't tell them how you feel, you can forget all about them doing
anything to try to accommodate us, and keep our great independent repair
people working on our behalf.

After all, it is people like Don, Sherry, John and others I don't know who
have kept Leica going by fixing those wonderful old cameras that we got from
our parents and grandparents - that, I believe is how many of today's loyal
customers got into the game in the first place.  We need to support these
fine independent repair people, not just think in terms of our own
interests.  Let Leica know that they are a vital part of the overall picture
and without them we all will suffer - and Leica, most of all.

Ted