Subject: [Leica] It's all pots and pans now...
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:55:51 -0400

So..... Let's say I was to have some luggers over for dinner. "What a
wonderful hat!"  Someone remarks at my Tilley, perched atop my hat rack.
Everyone photographs it. My dog walks through the kitchen, someone remarks
"Well! A Brittny! Fancy that! Feisty little pointer!" to which someone else
enviously adds "What a lovely breed of upland bird dog! Fine, fine animal!"
Shutters whirr and click. After seven or eight glasses of Chivas Brothers
Royal Salute 50 year old scotch (mmmm!) someone suggests that we go outside
and shoot a bunch of the empty scotch bottles with my very impressive
Browning Citori over-and-under shotguns. We photograph one another firing
guns and blasting bottles off of one anothers heads. When we can barely
stand and one or two of us have been winged by stray pellets, we retire to
the house and stack our cameras on the kitchen table. "Holy crikies!" says
one of the luggers, stumbling over my 200 year old Hammadan hand knotted
Persian rug, and collapsing to the floor like a bag of sod and pinecones. He
staggers to his feet, pulling the elegant Madeira hand embroydered Portugese
tablecloth with him (Leica's clatter and scatter everywhere, but we really
don't care by now). "You have," he teeters back and someone almost catches
him, but instead, now off balance, crashes into the stove, knocking my
Kitchen-Aid mixer into the sink, "you have," says the first lugger,
staggering to his feet, "the most excellent set of pots and pans!" He points
vaguely at my iron pot rack which seems to be swinging from the ceiling. Or
maybe the floor is rocking. "Yeah!" chimes in a third lugger, accidentally
firing the shotgun into the floor, blasting my Bosh rotary hammer drill to
bits and slightly injuring my dog, "what kind of pots and pans are those?
They're FANTASTIC!"

"Well," I say proudly, "they're__________________."

Kyle "outfitting his kitchen" Cassidy

Replies: Reply from "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] It's all pots and pans now...)