Subject: RE: [Leica] Kodak to cut up to 6,000 jobs
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:08:16 -0400

But Mehrdad, Kodak has been doing that for decades.  Twenty years ago
they were saying digital was the future.  Check out the annual report,
they have been buying companies for generations.  The problem is that
Kodak as an institution just does not make good decisions.  Film is the
cash cow so let's let all the really good chemists and coating engineers
go. (Read between the lines in the reports of the chemists who created
Xtol who are now RIF. Coating engineers trying to sell their services to
the competitors after being early retired.)  A lot of what Kodak used to
do best was eliminated as they cut the experienced employees with
decades of experience in the arcane of Kodak's bread and butter.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com