Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica USA no longer selling repair parts
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:19:40 -0400

It may or may not be a violation of anti-trust laws but it certainly
violates common sense. There is no possibility that it will serve to
increase Leica camera and lens sales, even though it may very slightly
stoke their repair income. In the medium term it will certainly drive
up customer dissatisfaction because of the long delays and difficulties
in getting gear serviced. In the long term that will drive down sales.
It's nuts. They've lost it. Bye bye Leica.

JB