Subject: Re: [Leica] Further digital exploration
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 07:11:11 +0100

Olympus have just started sponsoring Ferrari and have had pre
production cameras at races since the Canadian GP. I know the
photographer who has been using one (he uses M6s for his non motor
racing work) and I had a play with it at Silverstone this weekend he
says the results are astounding but I was disappointed by the size of
the body - I had expected something much smaller. The 50-200 zoom
(100-400 equivalent) seemed no smaller than a 35mm lens of the same
focal length despite the smaller "film" size - perhaps because of the
coverage issue in their bumf.
Frank