Subject: [Leica] M6 vs the M4, and filter factors
From: "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 09:34:24 -0700

In my pleas to this list and my other manic searching for all info a la
Leica M4 or M6.. (which to buy and why?), I have yet to see any mention of
the use of filters.  I occasionally use red. orange, green, and neutral
density in B&W photography and have gotten used to through the lens metering
to compensate for the light fall off.  I fully understand the need-to-do
steps to measure incident light and compensate the exposure with a meterless
camera.  That said... I am a bit surprised that the issue of convenience of
the M6, 5, 7, CL et al in this regard has not been mentioned in this
context.

Any thoughts?
thannks again
Jack McLain