Subject: Re: [Leica] new alpa
From: "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:23:24 -0700

Interestingly it won the "prestigious Red Dot Award" (whatever the hell that
is?).

This apparantly is a medium format camera and poses no threat to Leica
(unless.... there is some sort of clandestine connection between Leica and
the "reborn" Alpa company... dum de dumm dum... ah haaa,, the Red Dot award
becomes meaningful... why didnt I think of that??!!).  Also it looks like a
Zeiss lens so I expect that the images will be about what one could expect
from a Contax MF.  It also looks like a overly complicated dust collector as
well as frightfully expensive.
Jack McLain
Tucson, AZ
http://jackmclain-photography.dotcommunity.net